Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Raising Awareness!!

I have been thinking for a while that my walk north should benefit more than just me and my mental health. With that in mind I have been looking for the right cause.

I believe I have found it!! This is a personal cause for me and though I am grow now and my childhood went fairly smoothly, I have always been different. My mother told me that I had a stroke before I was born, sounds crazy right but it happens. Kids have strokes. Infants have strokes. And Unborn children have strokes!

Strokes at such an early age have a variety of medical implications. My right side has been slightly weaker and smaller with less coordination and my leg is smaller and I limp when tired. I had gotten use to people not noticing, but yesterday I saw a general surgeon about something completely different and 5 seconds in "Whats wrong with your hand?" It really doesn't bother me any more but as a child I was teased relentlessly by kids at school, everyone needs to know that survivors are just that survivors!

So I am going to try to promote awareness along my hike of childhood stroke!!

No comments:

Post a Comment